Sunday, October 4, 2015

Visual Journal : People of Big Hope Exhibit









I have been to the visionary art museum many times, and I always enjoy the people and the aura the place gives off. I had the pleasure of meeting a couple of the artists and patrons. That was truly interesting, the art was amazing, but meeting the minds behind them is truly a treasure. I really wanted to capture the "personality" of the exhibit.

I went a did a lot of drawings of the building and the crowds, but I ended up hating all of those drawings. They were too stiff and didn't flow well with the wonderful "quirkiness" of the museum. So I redid them, instead focusing on the minds that make the museum great. I drew in ink and pencil, wrote a lot of notes then came back and digitally colored the sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment