Monday, November 21, 2016

Kelcey Carbery - Final Proposal

For my proposal regarding the final project, I would like to focus on something that I thoroughly enjoy. I would like to focus on animals, specifically wildlife. I want to play around with the idea of flora and fauna and how those two things directly correlate with one another. I would like to do several pieces, potentially 8 or 10. I want them to be sort of "profiles" on specific animals that I love. My ideas for these animals such far are: deer, horses, bears, wolves, hawks, lions, elephants, etc. I want animal to be silhouetted, whilst the flora is depicted within the shape of the animal. I would like these to have a fashion focus, or a surface design intention, but I am willing to apply them to anything. I am also lightly considering making a small sculpture out of watercolor paper in the shape of one of these animals and painting flora upon it.

Content will include: 
-This will include a series of 5-10 illustrations, potentially 12, that are all animals native to North America. They will follow a silhouetting style and will have watercolor studies of different flowers, plants, trees, etc. within their defined animal shape. Some animals being considered for final include: horse, wolf, fox, bear, elk, owl, mountain lion, rabbit, hawk, eagle, buffalo, moose, or raccoon 

Audience Intended:
- My audience will hopefully be to all people, considering that animals can be enjoyed by anyone no matter their age. 

Further Ideas:
-posters
-calendar
-stickers
-surface design
-prints, patterns
-potentially use watercolor studies to further the project 

Rough Sketches:



No comments:

Post a Comment