Sunday, November 1, 2015

AJJ Zine Project - Stuey

Here's my personal project.

I emailed one of my favorite bands, Andrew Jackson Jihad, a while back asking if it'd be okay to use their lyrics in an upcoming work. I had plans on making a zine for art market featuring some of their prose and needed to know how they wanted credit or any sort of payment, and I got a warm response from them.

So my project is the first zine I'm making based off of their song Black Dog. The physical copy features varying colored cardstock cover with hand-stamped title and band logo on the back, heather grey insert paper, and laser black and white imagery composing the pages. It's bound together with white waxed linen thread in a pamphlet stitch. The pdf can be read below.

Click here to read.

I'll be bringing in a prototype of the bound version to class tomorrow, but here's some photos in the meantime.





For the finished product I'm selling I need to make a stamp with my name, and add a credits page for the band. I'm looking forward to sending a copy to them, as well as selling them at Art Market!

No comments:

Post a Comment