Saturday, December 5, 2015

Stuey -The New Yorker Sketch






Interview : With Stuey

Stuey hails from Stewartsville New Jersey, a land in which she describes it as "having more corn than people." 

This quote was my main inspiration for the piece. Not only did i find the quote funny, it seemed to define her journey to art school somewhat. Corn is a rather conventional piece of produce, and it seems like Stuey is breaking conventions of her town and family to do something new. I could personally relate, I was expected to go into the military like the rest of my family. My parents accepted me no matter what, but the rest gave them a hard time about how I wasn't "up to specks." So although Stuey and my parents are very different, it was nice to talk to someone with that similar experience, an experience that so many art kids face. 


What I want to do with this project is, since we are supposed to use a media we haven't used, and to put aside our favorite, I'm going to do mixed media. Probably a mixture of color pencil, watercolor and gouache.  OR, Do most of the project traditionally, with final touches in PS. Not sure yet. Open to ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment