Sunday, December 6, 2015

Stuey - Portrait Sketches






I'll be doing my New Yorker piece about Devon traditionally. I'm looking at mixed media - pastel, colored pencil, gesso and graphite specifically. These first few sketches are in graphite and colored digitally. The main point from the interview process that I inserted in this sketch is Devon's connection with horses, but also how she's always smiling and genuinely caring for and thinking about others before herself. I wanted to show the loving connection that she has with her equine friends but also the caring aura her smile gives off! She also always looks nice :^)



For the second piece I wanted to show the same sort of themes as above but also Devon's strength, her heritage as a member of the Bragg family and the long-lasting military connection her ancestors have, as well as her love for medieval weaponry/antiques. This is a more fantasy-based piece, but I think it's a little more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment